• How does the prison environment influence the way you ensure security and custody in your correctional facility?
For the most part, our staff members have a good rapport with the inmates and use interpersonal skills to influence the inmates in a positive manner. Over-crowding has been solved for the most part and this has relieved a lot of pressure on the inmates and staff.
• Do you work for a private or non-private prison? How do your daily work experiences differ from those of others according to the type of correctional facility you work for?
We work for an elected Sheriff at a non-private prison . Because we work in a prison, inmates have to be treated as pre-trial inmates rather than as sentenced “prisoners”. This allows our inmates some rights that state prisoners may not have.
- One slide per for the two questions, also two separate slides for the answers, four slides total.
- Use bullet points to present your findings within the presentation. Roll play as if you are responding in to the students during the classroom visit.
- Remember correctional officers will likely have different experiences and answers to these questions. Format your answers to reflect those differences.
- Powerpoint “Slides” presentations in first person.